Easily remove ticks with TICK TWISTER®
Tick Twister® tick remover is specially designed to remove parasitic ticks from the skin of animals and people. It removes all ticks, any size (from 1/10th of a millimeter) and location.
- It doesn’t leave the mouth-parts of the tick planted in the skin if used properly
- It doesn’t compress the abdomen of the ticks, therefore it minimizes the risk of transmission of pathogens (Lyme disease, Tick Borne Encephalitis...)
- removes ticks of any size
- removes ticks from animals and people
- enables a quick and painless tick removal
- doesn't need any chemical products (alcohol, ether,...)
- is unbreakable, hardwearing and indefinitely reusable
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO REMOVE TICKS?
Ticks are parasites that feed on blood sucked from humans or animals. While sucking blood, ticks may transmit dangerous diseases, as some of them carry pathogens. Unfortunately, the amount of infected ticks has risen very sharply in recent years. In order to minimize the risk of getting a disease, ticks should be removed as quickly as possible, without breaking the mouth-parts, without squeezing the tick’s body and without killing it beforehand. Tick bites can be limited by using chemical repellents but these cannot ensure full protection, so everybody (pet owners, hikers,...) should have an efficient tool to remove ticks.
WHY USE TICK TWISTER® HOOK?
It is essential not to compress the body of the tick during removal, reducing the risk of saliva back-flow, that can lead to infections and/or allergies. Tweezers and other instruments exert a pressure on the tick. The shape of the tick remover, designed by a veterinarian, takes into account the tick’s morphology. Tick’s mouth-parts are covered with backward directed projections; this allows the tick to “anchor” in the skin. By pulling up on the tick, the spikes will rise and lock the mouth-parts into the skin. The tick may break and leave parts in the skin causing infection. By twisting motion, the spikes fold into the axis of rotation, and the tick is easily removed, without traction, decreasing the risks of breaking the rostrum. Tick Twister® hook removes ticks by rotation and not by pulling; among all instruments supposed to use rotation, it is the easiest to use because of its shape and its size. Tick Twister® tick remover allows the user to hold the tick without compressing it and to remove the tick by twisting motion rather than pulling. This technique is the best and safest way to remove ticks completely.
WHAT IS IT MADE OF?
The tick removeris made of polyacetal. Tick Twister has chosen this polymer because:
- it is robust
- it is resistant to alcohol, ether, solvants and other substances people may have used on ticks before
- it is not toxic, totally recyclable, and can be incinerated without emitting any chloride fumes
METHOD OF USE:
- Choose the most appropriate hook, according to the size of the tick.
- Engage the hook by approaching the tick from the side until it is held.
- Lift the hook very lightly and TWIST IT until the tick detaches by itself.