All Pure Choice products are packaged for long term 20+ Years.
All natural and healthy — no added sweeteners and no preservatives.
- 1/4 to 3/4-inch chunks of freeze dried pineapple.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
- No infused sugar and no sulfites!
- GMO free. Gluten free.
Common uses: Backpacking food, camping food, snacks, and quick-and-easy cooking at home. Like other Pure Choice freeze dried fruits, the pineapples are often added to smoothies, salads, cereals, desserts, fruit sauces, and trail mixes.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to help ensure freshness after initial opening.
Easy to Prepare
- Use this freeze dried fruit as is, dry and right out of the bag, as a healthy snack, as an addition to trail mixes and salads, and as a crunchy topping for cereals and desserts.
- For sauces and most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 1 cup dry with less than 4% moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried pineapple, once rehydrated, equals approximately 8 lbs of fresh prepared diced pineapple.