All Pure Choice products are packaged for long term 20+ Years.
Easy to store, use, and take along — healthy — no sulfites.
- 1/4-inch dices of freeze dried green bell peppers.
- Excellent source of vitamins A and C.
- GMO free. Gluten free.
Common uses: Camping food, backpacking food, and home cooked food. A dry snack as is, right out of the bag. Like other Pure Choice freeze dried vegetables, the freeze dried green peppers are often used in salads and veggie trail mixes, as well as in pizza, pasta, rice, dips, and casseroles.
Packaging: Bagged selections are in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to help ensure freshness after initial opening.
Easy to Prepare
- Use alone as a snack or as an addition to veggie trail mixes.
- Add dry for a crunchy effect in salads, or add during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking items with liquid such as pastas, rice dishes and casseroles.
- Or simply hydrate by soaking for 5-10 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz of these freeze dried green peppers equals about 2 cups dry with very low moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried green bell peppers, once rehydrated, equals approximately 15 lbs of fresh prepared diced green peppers.