Comprehensive yet compact, the Explorer is the ideal backpacking first aid kit for families or small groups headed out on a week-long adventure. This medical kit contains an abundance of first aid supplies to treat injuries on extended camping or hiking trips. Treat everything from blisters to large wounds with hospital-quality supplies like GlacierGel™, wound closure strips, and a trauma pad. First aid hiking essentials are organized by injury into clearly-labeled pockets using the Easy Care™ Organization System, making it easy for anyone in your group to provide fast and effective first aid. The water-resistant medical bag features semi-transparent pockets to keep the contents safe and easy to access for your whole trip. Add the Mountain Explorer kit to your backpacking gear to keep you and your group safe wherever your journey takes you.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
Know how to provide life-saving medical care. Written by wilderness medicine expert Eric A. Weiss, MD, this book includes over 50 improvised techniques and 100 illustrations for treating outdoor injuries and illnesses.
Easy Care™ Organization System
Find supplies quickly with the Easy Care™ Organization System, which organizes contents by injury into clearly-labeled pockets, letting you easily find what you need at a moment's notice.
Administer CPR safely with the face shield, and stop bleeding quickly using the trauma pad. Stabilize sprains and strains with the elastic and triangular bandages so you can hike out safely.
Major Wound Care
Clean and close hiking injuries with supplies that set the standard in backcountry medicine, including an irrigation syringe, wound closure strips, a topical adhesive, and EMT shears.
Blister & Burn Treatment
Stop blisters before they start with die-cut moleskin that reduces friction. Apply GlacierGel™ hydrogel dressings to developed blisters or burns for cooling relief that cushions and protects.
Roomy & Durable Medical Kit
Pack everything you need and nothing you don't. The durable, water-resistant medical bag features a unique design that easily fits in your pack but has extra room for personal items.
- WOUND CARE / BURN / BLISTER
- 1 – Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
- 1 – Wound Irrigation Tool, 20 cc
- 10 – Wound Closure Strip, 0.6 cm x 10 cm
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 10 cm x 10 cm
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 5 cm x 5 cm
- 2 – Non-Adherent Sterile Dressing, 7.5 cm x 10 cm
- 2 – Gauze Bandage, 7.5 cm
- 2 – Cotton Tip Applicator
- 1 – Tape, 2.5 cm x 9 m
- 28 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped
- 1 – GlacierGel™ Blister & Burn Dressing
- 1 – Elastic Bandage, 7.5 cm
- 3 – Single-Use Thermometer, Celcius
- 1 – CPR Face Shield
- 1 – EMT Shears
- 1 – Duct Tape, 5 cm x 2.3 m
- 1 – Splinter/Tick Remover Forceps
- 3 – Safety Pin
- 1 – Accident Report Form
- 1 – Pencil
- CUTS & SCRAPES
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages™, Fabric, 2.5 cm x 7.5 cm
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages™, Fabric, Knuckle
- 2 – Skin Tac™ Topical Adhesive Wipe
- 6 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 4 – Alcohol Swab
- 3 – After Bite® Wipe
- STOP BLEEDING FAST
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 12.7 cm x 22.8 cm
- 1 – Triangular Bandage
- 2 – Nitrile Glove