With the Guide, you can lead your team outdoors with the security of knowing you're prepared with the medical kit carried by the International Mountain Guides for their trips up Mt. Rainier and around the world. This group first aid kit contains an abundance of hospital-quality first aid supplies to meet the needs of seven people headed into the backcountry on adventures of up to two weeks. Inside, you'll find everything from everyday hiking essentials like After Bite® and GlacierGel™ to wilderness first aid supplies like the flexible C-Splint™. The water-resistant medical bag organizes the contents by injury into clearly-labeled, semi-transparent pockets using the Easy Care™ organization system, making it easy for anyone in your group to provide fast and effective first aid. Whether you're a professional guide looking for an expedition first aid kit or an adventurer looking for a wilderness first aid kit, the Mountain Guide kit is the essential addition to your trekking or backpacking gear that your team can count on to get you there and back safely.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
Know how to provide life-saving medical care. Written by wilderness medicine expert Eric A. Weiss, MD, this book includes over 50 improvised techniques and 100 illustrations for treating outdoor injuries and illnesses.
The Choice of Outdoor Professionals
Pack the wilderness first aid kit chosen by the International Mountain Guides as the official medical kit all their guides carry to lead expeditions around the world.
Easy Care™ Organization System
Find supplies quickly with the Easy Care™ Organization System, which organizes contents by injury into clearly-labeled pockets, letting you easily find what you need at a moment's notice.
Administer CPR safely with the face shield, and stop bleeding quickly using the trauma pads. Stabilize fractures, sprains, and strains with the flexible C-Splint™ and triangular bandages.
Major Wound Care
Clean and close hiking injuries with supplies that set the standard in backcountry medicine, including an irrigation syringe, wound closure strips, a topical adhesive, and EMT shears.
Blister & Burn Treatment
Stop blisters before they start with die-cut moleskin that reduces friction. Apply GlacierGel™ hydrogel dressings to developed blisters or burns for cooling relief that cushions and protects.
Canadian Mountain Guide Medical Kit Includes:Wound Care / Blister / Burn
- 1 x Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
- 1 x Wound Irrigation Tool, 20cc. with 18 Gauge Tip
- 10 x Wound Closure Strip, 0.6cm x 10cm
- 6 x Sterile Gauze Dressing, 10cm x 10cm
- 6 x Sterile Gauze Dressing, 5cm x 5cm
- 3 x Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 7.5cm x 10cm
- 2 x Gauze Bandage 7.5cm
- 4 x Cotton Tip Applicator
- 1 x Tape, 2.5cm x 9m
- 28 x Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
- 1 x GlacierGel; Blister & Burn Dressing
- 1 x C-Splint 10cm x 90cm
- 1 x Triangular Bandage
- 1 x Elastic Bandage, 7.5cm
- 3 x Single use thermometer
- 1 x CPR Face Shield
- 1 x EMT Shears
- 1 x Duct Tape, 5cm x 2.3m
- 1 x Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 2 x Plastic Vial - Large
- 3 x Safety Pin
- 1 x Accident report Form
- 10 x Easy Access Bandages®, 2.5cm x 7.5cm Fabric
- 5 x Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
- 9 x Antiseptic Wipe
- 2 x SkinTac - topical adhesive wipe
- 4 x Alcohol Swab
- 3 x After Bite® Sting & Bite Relief Wipe
- 1 x Trauma Pad, 12.7cm x 22.8cm
- 1 x Trauma Pad, 20cm x 25cm
- 4 x Nitrile Glove
- Size:10" x 5.5" x 7"
- Weight:2.15 lbs
- Group Size:1 - 7 People
- Trip Duration:1 - 14 Days