All natural and healthy — no added sweeteners and no preservatives
- Dark sweet dried cherries — may contain pits.
- An excellent source of vitamin A.
- No infused sugar and no sulfites!
Common uses: Like other Pure Choice freeze-dried fruits, freeze dried cherry is often used in smoothies, cereals, desserts, and trail mixes.
Easy to Prepare
Note that each tart cherry is freeze dried whole — Remove any remaining pits before serving.
- Use dry as a healthy snack, as an addition to trail mixes, and as a crunchy topping for cereals and desserts.
- For most other applications, hydrate by soaking for 5 minutes in a generous amount of cold or hot water (hot water works slightly better). Then drain.
Yield — 1 oz equals about 1 cup dry with very low moisture content.
Rehydration Ratio — 1 lb of freeze dried whole cherries, once rehydrated, equals approximately 8 lbs of fresh prepared tart cherries.
** Due to high sugar content, its normal for some product to be tacky in feel.