Stay connected where there’s no cell phone coverage. This compact device uses satellite technology to let you send and receive text messages and emails anywhere on the planet. Internal GPS sends location data with each message, letting your friends and family follow your adventures. A dedicated SOS button lets you call for help, no matter where you are. Use the free Earthmate® app to pair the SE+ with your smartphone, accessing any downloaded maps or charts, as well your phone’s contacts, for easier messaging.
- Uses Iridium’s constellation of 66 satellites for coverage of the earth's entire surface. Messages are buffered for up to a day.
- Iridium’s worldwide coverage lets you send texts and emails from anywhere in the world, how many you send and how detailed they are, depends on what level plan you have.
- Virtual keyboard allows you to compose text and email.
- Stores predefined text messages for anticipated situations to send as needed.
- GPS tracking feature allows your friends and community to follow your progress via a personalized MapShare® page.
- World coverage SOS feature gives you a confirmation message from the GEOS rescue centre, if you use to send an SOS. 2-way texting allows you to stay in contact with rescue personnel.
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing.
- Messages have your GPS location embedded for faster finding in emergencies.
- Internal GPS enables basic on-screen grid navigation, with a high-detail breadcrumb trail.
- High-sensitivity GPS chip provides position accuracy to within 5 metres.
- Optional weather forecasting service sends detailed weather data for your location, a specific waypoint, or a GPS coordinate, directly to your inReach, paired smartphone, or tablet.
- Connects via Bluetooth to smartphones/tablets running the free Earthmate® app, available on iOS (requires iOS 9.2 or later) and Android (requires 4.1 or later). Allows you to download maps and nautical charts, enabling detailed mapping and easier messaging – directly through your contacts.
- Downloaded maps are stored in your phone and are available even if there is no cell phone signal.
- Free Explore® web app lets you manage contacts, plan trips, store tracking data, and more.
- Requires a separate satellite plan to activate.
- Canadian monthly plans are available, as well as seasonal hibernation options that allow you to pay a minimal fee during months when you are not using the device.
- Housing is water-resistant and dust-proof with an easy to read colour display.
|Ideal for||Emergency preparedness|
|Satellite network used||Iridium|
|Battery life (operating)||75-100 h|
|Storage temperature||-20 to 60°C|
|Dimensions||16.4 x 6.8 x 3.8cm|
|Battery life (standby)||720 h|
|Power supply||USB charger|