The Black Diamond 9.9 is our go-to rope for year-round rock climbing. Boasting a thick diameter built for day in, day out use, the 9.9 is optimized for durability yet soft enough to deliver great handling. Sporting an easily identified middle marker, the BD 9.9 is ideal for climbers who prefer packing one burly rope for all rock projects.
- Regular Sheath: Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, our standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use
- Durability and Handling Balance: Purpose-built to balance both durability and great handling, our ropes are not too stiff and not too soft, giving you a great feeling rope that knots easily, feeds through your belay device with ease, yet holds up to a barrage of use
- This is a non-dry rope that is not suitable for ice climbing or alpine terrain.
- Rope Dynamic Elongation: 0.32
- Rope Factor Falls: 6
- Rope Half Mark: Yes
- Rope Impact Force: 8.4 kN
- Rope Static Elongation: 0.076
- Rope Type: Single
- Rope Weight Per Meter: 64 g (2.3 oz)